DERSE TIMELINE

Since 1948, Derse has continually evolved to empower our clients to expect more from face-to-face marketing.

1948

James F. Derse founded The Derse Company as a sign painting business in the back of his mother’s garage.

1953

Built new 10,000 square foot building to house growing sign and exhibit business.

1977

Moved Milwaukee office to 70,000 square-foot facility.

1989

The Derse Company was sold to a group of senior officers and managers – Bill Haney, Bill McNamara, and Dan Vander Sanden.

1993

The company averaged 33% growth in each of the next five years.

2004

Expanded service offerings to include Experiential and Strategic Services teams.

2009

Opened the industry’s first LEED Silver-Certified building – Derse's national headquarters in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

2014

Revenue exceeded $150 million.

2018

Derse celebrated 70 years in business.

2019

Brett Haney named Derse’s CEO.